Hello there mousies,
Before we get to the challenge I have to apologise to the three people who are still waiting for their stamps. We’ve been soooo busy here (with what precisely, I am unable to say). All I know is I’ve had close to zero time for stamping and no time for commenting. Yeah, I have to apologise for the lack of comments on the last challenge. Not to worry, I will get to them…soon…ish. And the stamps, they shall be mailed. Before the snow flies, I promise.
And, Tiya-B, thank you for your lovely, lovely offer and comments. I will take you up on your kind offer when we get back
And now, on to the challenge.
We are headed off on holiday shortly and this holiday involves sun (we hope), sand and ocean. So, this week’s challenge is to create a card that is inspired by any or all of the following: summer, the beach, the sea, sun, sand, the lake, the cottage – pretty much anything that says summer and/or summer holidays.
The first card is by my fabulous guest designer, Aidan. Aidan dabbles in stamping but probably considers himself
more of a drawing kind of guy. His usual subjects are Wolf and Dahdah – characters in a series of stories he writes under the name of Dr Gus or any or all of the characters from Super Mario.
Today, he agreed to play along with the challenge. Here is his card:
Click for a bigger version.
Here is a guy fishing at the beach and a guy relaxing under a beach umbrella.
Card stock: PTI
And here is my rather rushed card:
Click it to big it.
Card stock: PTI
Stamps: Stampscapes, Savvy Stamps, Hero Arts
Ink: Jenny Bowlin, SU!
1. A one-layer card is defined as a single piece of cardstock folded in half.
2. Make a one-layer card inspired by sun, sand, sea, summer, the beach, the late, the cottage (or all of those).
3. Please share your creation by posting your card online and then using Inlinkz below to link to it.
4. Please make sure you are linking directly to the relevant post – not just to your blog.
5. Most important of all…HAVE FUN!
6. If I have confused you, please feel free to leave a comment telling me so, or email me for clarification
7. If you wish to post your creation to SCS, please use OLW57 as a keyword.
I will try to catch up on comments on my previous challenge as well as comment on the current challenge, but we will have somewhat limited internet access while on holiday. Super Susan will step in and try to comment if I can’t.
Susan has also kindly agreed to cover my challenge turn while we are away.