Once upon a time, in the days before I had a kid, I worked in the greeting card industry. I started out as a sales rep and much later on I became National Sales Manager for Canada. This little nugget of info is “Thing One”.
One of the blogs I like to read regularly is Print and Pattern. Consider that little tidbit “Thing Two”.
This is the company I used to work for: Vigo. Yep, that info is “Thing Three”.
See how all those “Things” tie together? Do ya? Do ya? Do ya, eh?
This is the card I used for my inspiration:
And here is my card:
Stuff I used for my card:
Card stock: PTI
Ink: ColorBox chalk ink – French Blue
Stamps: SU! – tree, I/O – bird
Other: Tria Marker, Signo white pen, SU! markers
The challenge this week is to use any of the images seen here as the inspiration for your one-layer card. You can use the colours, the layout or just the overall “feel” of a card as the starting point for your own creation.
Please post a picture of the card you used as your inspiration along with your card (right click and “save as” please, don’t link to the image). If you don’t have a blog and are posting at SCS or similar, please indicate which card was your inspiration.
1. A one-layer card is defined as a single piece of card stock folded in half.
2. Make a one-layer card using one of the images seen here as your inspiration – it doesn’t have to be a Christmas card.
3. Please share your creation by posting your card online and then using Inlinkz below to link to it.
4. Please make sure you are linking directly to the relevant post – not just to your blog.
5. Most important of all…HAVE FUN!
You have until next Tuesday at 11:59 pm EDT to submit your creations.
Oh and…since a) it’s my son’s birthday in a couple of weeks and after that we have Christmas, how about a prize or three? I will pick a few winners based on a special super secret formula that only I, my son and Santa Claus know. Enter soon, and enter often – multiple entries are encouraged!